Monday, June 4, 2007

Paris Hilton Is In Jail; Began Her 23 Day Sentence 11:23 PM PST/ 2:23 AM EST

Paris Hilton left directly from the MTV Movie Awards and went to her parent's home, where her attorney Richard Hutton, her mother Kathy Hilton (pictured above with Paris) and her sister Nicky, accompanied Paris as she turned herself in to the authorities to begin her 23 Day jail sentence.

Hilton's lawyer, Richard Hutton, has released the following statement for Paris:

"I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes. This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."


A very dark day indeed.

A moment of silence and prayer for Ms. Hilton.

No comments: