Thursday, May 31, 2007

Paula Abdul's Heartbreaking Betrayal



I broke down and cried (seriously) after hearing this leaked audio recording; a private conversation between Paula Abdul and her handlers. Paula is so kind to everyone, and to all the American Idol people, too! She doesn't deserve this type of treatment at all. She deserves better. This is the epitome of invasion of privacy.


Paula Abdul tells TMZ.com:
"I am deeply hurt and extremely disappointed that someone has taken a private telephone conversation that I had with my representatives and released it to the media. This is not only illegal but also highly unethical. While I don't feel a need to justify or explain my conversation, even as a public figure I do feel my privacy has been violated and find this action to be unacceptable."

The media vultures have swooped down upon Hollywood lately; attacking beautiful women while they are down. Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, all are being ripped to shreds by the media in their time of need. We need to support them when they make mistakes and admit to them. Paris admitted her mistake in a statement through her publicist. Britney admitted she "hit rock bottom" on her official website. Nicole told Ryan Seacrest that she is "willing to face whatever consequences" for her recent actions. Lohan is in rehab and we have yet to see her take on her actions.

NOW

Paula Abdul has been BETRAYED by her own handlers, publicist and of course by THE MEDIA! A private audio recording is floating on tabloid sites all over the internet. The audio recording was of a phone conversation Paula had recently with her representatives. Paula was crying and very upset about being called "a whining bitch" and "too old to do a magazine cover" by publicist Howard Bragman. She also said she got left without a publicist when Bragman was a no-show at her Jimmy Kimmel show appearance. Abdul said it was "disgusting behavior" on Bragman's behalf to be a no-show after paying him $5,000 and an additional $2,500.

Ironicly, a rep tells Paula at the start of the conversation: "you're going to start being treated better RIGHT NOW!"

What a LIE!

Somebody was recording Paula without her knowledge and consent and now, private medical info Abdul disclosed to the handlers is now PUBLIC!

Paula says on the audio file she is now struggling with newly diagnosed Addison's Disease (an adrenal disease that can strike at any age) in addition to her "severe problems with her neck" and "spinal cord-injury".

"All I ever want..in my life is to be treated FAIRLY... And to be treated with KINDNESS", Paula sobbed on the audio.

"I'm being tested everyday...for my peace of mind." said Abdul.

"I've never in my life been called a whining bitch...and a loser..." she states before the audio recording cuts off.

Between Paris Hilton going to jail next week and this incident with Paula Abdul, I am very depressed and disgusted to see how people are treating celebrities lately who are kind and beautiful.

Here are some supportive comments from readers for Paula:

I work in the Telecommunications industry and what happened to Paula Abdul IS a Federal offense and should be pursued and prosecuted, period. I also feel extremely sad and EXTREMELY angry about what the media and others are trying to do to bring her down. I had the very distinct pleasure of meeting Paula many times throughout the late 1980's and 1990's.. ( I have worked off and on in the industry for many years, mainly as a voice over artist and running "meet and greet" types of events) and always found her to be a bright , very positive and warm woman who takes what she does with her career and her fans VERY seriously. I have also watched some of these "so called" drunk videos, trust me folks, she is not drunk or drugged, she is TIRED and in pain. I live with chronic pain myself.... (and am sitting here with an icepack on my leg as I type this..) due to spinal injuries that affect the tendons and ligaments in my left leg. I work in a very demanding job that requires me to be in front of people all the time and sometimes when the pain hits, it will take your breath, your body and your brain away and there is nothing you can do about it. If her pain is like mine, it will strike with NO warning and leave you breathless and breaking out in a cold sweat. I, too, move around alot to release the tension in the tendons, seem to slur my words because I am just trying to catch my breath, in short, exhibit the same types of tendancies that Paula exhibits. At least I have understanding people around me who know what I am going through at that moment... I wish that Paula was given the same courtesy. I guess the point of all this is unless you know Paula personally, have experienced the same types of body trauma she has or basically live her life, no one has the right to judge her. And to her credit, she has not come back on anyone who HAS, other than to ask for it to stop... and it is time that it did.

Posted at 9:14PM EST on May 31st 2007 by Suzyh



I feel so sorry for her. This is so wrong! I hope she takes legal action. She has 4 titatinum rods in her body. My friend has the same thing. The pain is unbearable. you have to take several pain medications just to get thru the day. It is a horrible way to live. Their conversations can also be slurred because of it.I am so sick of people calling her a drunk etc... when she is clearly in a lot of pain. Knowing what this feels like I really applaud her for being able to show up for work and keep her job.

YOU GO PAULA! WE LOVE YOU!

Posted at 9:24PM on May 31st 2007 by JESSA


It is truly heartbreaking to see the responses of so many ignorant people,lacking basic human compassion. Thank you "Suzyh" for speaking truth concerning Paula's situation. I also suffer from chronic, debilitating pain. I also have no choice but to take powerful pain medications just to function every day. People like Paula should be inspiration for all of us...she perseveres despite all of her medical challenges, despite the fact that medication can at times make one seem "loopy" (NOT drunk!!!), and despite all the cruelty put forth by those who feel that they have the superior right to judge others. Those who judge and offer nothing more than cruel, negative opinions should be thanking God every single day that they are blessed with good health. Despite my afflictions, I can also thank God for teaching me what it means to love one another, be kind and compassionate, and to be a blessing to others as opposed to judging and inflicting pain upon others with my words and actions. My prayer is that your hardened hearts might soften and that your eyes will be opened. Paula is a kind hearted person who is dealing with more than most of us ever will. Perhaps those who have been judgemental could say a prayer of healing for her...YOU will be also blessed. May God smile on you today! :)

Posted at 1:03AM on Jun 1st 2007 by dayle

No comments: